1,189 total views, 2 views today
CLASSIFICATION OF GATES (Part 1)
A gate is defined as a movable structure within an opening that controls entrance and exit. Every good General studies the strengths and weaknesses of the enemy to enable him strategize. Nobody can successfully overcome an enemy he has not properly placed.
Psalm 24:9 – This scripture reveals that gates have heads; this was a command given to the gate that wanted to block the King of Glory. Read Rev. 21:8.
There are four (4) major classifications of gates: –
- Gate the place – The definition of gates given above is a description of gate that can be classified as a place. The greatest gate as a place is hell. There is a location called hell where all those connected to the gate of hell through idolatry, lying and other abominable things will end. Hell is a positional gate.
- Gate the person – Anyone you come in contact with, is a gate; either a gate of heaven or a gate of hell. There is nothing like purgatory! You don’t have to die to become a gate; you are alive as a gate. Everyone is connected to a gate and it is the gate you are connected to that determines whether you are a gate of hell or a gate of heaven. When people don’t have this revelation, they hug hell and fight heaven. Isa. 5:11-14, this is hell as a person; hell that has a mouth. According to verse 14, the people did not acknowledge the Lord; they could not discern that it was a Christless occasion. Every party has a spirit and if it is not the spirit of God, it is a gateway to hell. What are you celebrating? What is the position of Christ in that occasion? Every occasion is either a gate of heaven or a gate of hell. What makes the difference? The spirit. You must be able to discern spirits in order to choose right. Things are never the way they seem. Prov. 7 reveals that every prostitute is a gate of hell and any man that lies with her has visited hell. How does a prostitute constitute a gate of hell? Every prostitute is loaded with demons and whoever sleeps with her will automatically contact demons. Anyone who cannot discern a gate is famished.
- Gate the spirit – Rev. 20:14 – Death is a gate, it is a spirit. Hell, in this scripture, is a spirit being. The spirit of hell will be bound and cast into the lake of fire as it permanent place of confinement. Many people are carrying the spirit of death and that is why the Bible instructs the children of God not to be unequally yoked. To successfully confront the gate of hell, you need the fire of the Holy Spirit.
- Gate the realm – Matt. 16:18-19 – Gate here represents the concentration of kingdom powers. It has to do with all the network of evil forces, all the sphere/influence of authority of evil powers. Every Christian is supposed to be confronting the gates of hell and one of the most effective ways to do this is through evangelism. Remember that your greatest evangelism is your life style.
Jesus said the first thing that will follow those who trust in Him is that they will cast out demons. Whenever you cast out demons, you are decreasing hell and enforcing the authority of heaven.
When dealing with gates, you must understand that you are dealing with a stronghold. Every gate is a fortified place. Every gate is a sensitive place. Every gate locks you out of treasure. Before you can take delivery of the blessings that God has stored up for you, you must enter through the gate. Jesus is the Way, He is the Door; so Jesus is the Gate. The devil ensures that he positions his men at every strategic places. Everything about gate has to do with access and your greatest asset is your access; it could be access to information, idea, health etc.
The greatest access, however, is the access to life and that can only be through Christ. John 17:3 “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. Anyone who misses Christ has missed heaven. Learn to place enough value on your relationship with Jesus Christ and the finished work at Calvary. Through this finished work, we have dominion over sin, self, Satan and all his principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world and amalgamated forces of darkness. We have dominion over sickness, disease, death and hell. We have dominion over poverty, scarcity and lack. We have comprehensive dominion.
Henceforth, no gate of hell will never be able to prevail against you in the mighty Name of Jesus. Amen.
- Download PDF version here
- For more information go to: Homepage
- Share and fellow us on Facebook: Prayerforce Center
- Contact Us here: PrayerConnect