430 total views, 2 views today
Day ONE – Sunday, Dec. 30
Prayers to Storm the Gates of 2019
A Day of 3 Things
Scripture Ingredient: Isaiah 58: 6-11
“Is this not the fast which I choose, To loosen the bonds of wickedness, To undo the bands of the yoke, And to let the oppressed go free And break every yoke? “Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry And bring the homeless poor into the house; When you see the naked, to cover him And not to hide yourself from your own flesh? “Then your light will break out like the dawn,
And your recovery will speedily spring forth; And your righteousness will go before you; The glory of the LORD will be your rear guard “Then you will call, and the LORD will answer; If you remove the yoke from your midst, The pointing of the finger and speaking wickedness, And if you give yourself to the hungry. And satisfy the desire of the afflicted, Then your light will rise in darkness And your gloom will become like midday.”And the LORD will continually guide you, And satisfy your desire in scorched places, And give strength to your bones; And you will be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.
This is very important.
We are going into fasting like the prophets and apostles of old. A day before you begin the full fast (Dec 31), you will first give alms. Please look around for the needy in your community and bless them generously. You can give them money. You can buy groceries for them. You can make or buy clothes and other valuable items for them. This kind of compassionate action, if motivated by love, always attracts the attention of Heaven (see scripture above).
Our LORD taught us exactly how to give in Matt. 6:1-4:
“Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed by them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven.
“So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.”
This is a key foundation of biblical fasting. And you need to do this before you even begin the program.
Day 1: A Day of Repentance
The very first step to take is acknowledge that you have made mistakes in the past and sinned greatly against the LORD, knowingly or unknowingly.
You go to Him with godly sorrow and deep repentance in your heart, confessing your sins and the sins of your ancestors, following Daniel’s godly example in Daniel 9.
Here Daniel was praying for the restoration of Jerusalem. You should follow that model and in place of Jerusalem, substitute your family and your divine destiny. This is such a crucial step. You must do it slowly, all day and possibly during the night too. Confess your sins one by one. Mention them by name, especially sexual sins. Do not forget the hidden sins of the heart, chief among them mentioned in Gal. 5:19-21.
Then ask GOD for forgiveness and mercy. For those sins one by one. Believe that the LORD has forgiven you as He has promised in His Word. Please note that the Holy Spirit will remind you of many unrepented sins. You need to repent of them all if you REALLY want to receive answers in this program.
This is what will set the tone and lay the foundation for the rest of this 14-day prayer marathon. It is what will activate divine intervention in every area of your life. The LORD has been waiting a long time for you to get on your knees and do this properly and thoroughly!
Day 1 Cont’d: A Day to Renounce
Take a moment to praise and worship the LORD.
After thorough repentance (please note that repentance can last for hours) then you will be ready to renounce your involvement in ungodly associations, if applicable. Here’s a good example:
If you were a member of any ungodly fraternity or cult group at any time or you know that your parents or ancestors were, you might want to pray like this:
1. Lord, I repent of my involvement with this …….. group (mention the name).
2. I ask for your forgiveness. Please wash me clean with the blood of Jesus Christ.
3. Holy Spirit, please help me never to go back to my own vomit.
4. I hereby renounce my association with this ….. group in Jesus’ name (mention the name).
5. I reject all the properties of this evil group in my possession and I release the fire of God to burn them to ashes in Jesus’ name.
I bind all the spirits, powers, entities, strongholds associated with this group and I cast them out of my life forever by the power in the blood of Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name I command these powers to loose their hold upon my life right now. I cancel every evil claim of ownership upon my life in Jesus Christ name.
6. I silence every evil voice speaking against my life from the camp of the wicked by the power of the blood of Jesus.
7. I appropriate the blood of Jesus to cleanse me from every consequence of my involvement in ___
8. I renounce every coffin spirit, spirit of false martyrdom, assault, rape, gang attacks in the name of Jesus.
9. I renounce and reject witchcraft / occult signs, symbols and jewelry in the name of Jesus Christ.
10. I renounce all curses on my eyes, stomach/womb, body organs, hands, legs, in Jesus’ name.
11. Thank You LORD for answering my prayers.
Day 1 Cont’d: A Day of Thanksgiving & Praise
Take a moment to praise and worship the LORD.
Start by singing praises to the Lord and worshiping Him for a long time…
After that begin to pray like this … with a loud voice:
1. From today, whatever I do in word or deed, I do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (Col.3:17)
2. I join the heavenly hosts to say: “We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. (Rev 11:17)
3. I give thanks always for all things to God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph 5:20)
4. I add my voice whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the One sitting on the throne, the One who lives forever and ever (Rev 4:9).
5. In everything I give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning me (1 Thess 5:18).
6. I give thanks to the Father, who has qualified me to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light. (Col 1:12)
7. I give thanks to the LORD, for He is good: for His mercy endures forever. … Ps 107:1
8. I give thanks to the LORD and proclaim his greatness; the whole world must hear what he has done. Ps 105:1
9. I give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever. – Ps 136:26
10. Save us, O God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, that we may glory in your praise. – 1 Chr. 16:35
11. I arise to give thanks to you because of your righteous judgments. – Ps 119:62
12. I enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise, blessed be His holy name. – Ps 100:4
13. You are my God, and I give thanks to you; my God, I honor you highly. – Ps 118:28
14. In the day of my deliverance, I will say: “Give thanks to the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.” – Isa 12:4
15. Open to me the gates of righteousness; I shall enter through them, I shall give thanks to the LORD. – Ps 118:19
16. I thank You Lord for answering my prayer and giving me victory. – Ps 118:21
17. But we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will give thanks to you forever; from generation to generation we will recount your praise, O LORD. – Ps 79:13
18. With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the LORD; and in the midst of many I will praise Him – Ps 109:30
19. “I will praise you, O LORD. Although you were once angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me. – Isa 12:1
20. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. – Ps 139:14
21. To you, O God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I give thanks and praise, for you have given me wisdom and might, and have now made known to me what we asked of you, for you have made known to us the king’s matter – Dan 2:23
PLEASE SPEND QUALITY TIME TO WORSHIP THE LORD.
Share your testimony on our facebook page or email us here
Click the link below to join and like our facebook page.