14,807 total views, 6 views today
Many of us Christians today begin our day forgetting that we are in a spiritual battle. It’s no wonder we can become overwhelmed or overcome by the trials and temptations we face on our way. When you understand the idea of putting on the armor of God, it changes how you start your day; it strengthens your resolve to focus on and serve Jesus whole-heartedly no matter what comes your way.
These prayers below can be prayed everyday you wake up from your sleep in the morning as a way to mindfully put on all of the armor of God. By doing so, you will be inviting the Holy Spirit to lead you, bless your day and empower you, whom the Lord said he would send to be our help, comforter, and our strength.
Ephesians 6:10-18 says,
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Now that you’ve read it you may still be wondering how you put it on. Kindly pray the prayer here and your life and walk will be different and full of God’s presence.
1. Heavenly Father, I pray that you forgive me of all my sins of commission, sins of omission and any unknown sins according to Psalms 19:12. Heavenly Father, I repent for all of my sins and I ask you to forgive me of all my sins, iniquities, trespasses and transgressions and to cover them with the Blood of the Lord Christ Jesus, and to cleanse me of all unrighteousness. I ask you to do this in the Name of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ according to Your Word, 1 John 1:9.
2. I am thankful for this day; for this is the day that you have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I am thankful that Jesus died on the cross for me, knowing it cleanses me from all unrighteousness according to 1 John 1:9 and allows me to come boldly to the throne of grace according to Hebrews 4:16. I am thankful for the power in the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ to protect, cleanse, heal, deliver, sanctify, redeem, justify, and to make all things new.
3. I declare and decree that where the Blood of Jesus Christ is applied, Satan cannot enter according to Hebrews 10:4-23 and I confess now that Jesus is Lord over my family, church, finances, businesses, jobs, and possessions.
4. Thank You Heavenly Father for Your Holy Spirit. Thank You for being present with me always. Thank You for the gifts of the Spirit: Heavenly Father, I praise and thank You for everything you have done, for everything you are doing, and for everything You are going to do. Blessed be to You Lord.
5. Heavenly Father, I know that my battle is not with flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual wickedness in high places, therefore, I put on the whole armor of God, that I may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all to stand. I will be
strong in You, Lord, and in the power of your might according to Ephesians 6:10-13. I have Christ in me, the hope of glory, according to Colossians 1:27, so I shall prevail because the battles are not mine, but Yours Lord according to 1 Samuel 17:47.
6. Heavenly Father, I now put on the Breastplate of Righteousness according to Ephesians 6:14. I crucify my flesh now according to Romans 8:13, as I die daily from self desires and live to do your desires according to 1 Corinthians 15:31. In the Name of Christ Jesus, I command the mind of my flesh to shut up: Don’t talk to
me about sin for I am dead to sin according to Romans 6:2; Don’t talk to me about condemnation, for there is no condemnation in me because I am in Christ according Romans 8:1; I walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh according to Romans 8:4; I have been healed by the stripes of Jesus according to Isaiah 53:5. I have been redeemed from the curse of the law according to Galatians 3:13; I am blessed when I come in and blessed when I go out. I am blessed in the city and blessed in the country. Let everything I touch be blessed and prosper according to Deuteronomy 28:3-6. All these blessings shall come upon me and overtake me, because we obey the Voice of the Lord our God. Thank You God that you did not give us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind according to 2 Timothy 1:7.
7. Heavenly Father, I now put on the Helmet of Salvation. I declare that we are spiritually minded according to Romans 8:6 and have the mind of Christ according to 1 Corinthians 2:16. I take off the carnal way of thinking according to Romans 12:2. When I put on this Helmet I no longer allow my five carnal senses to affect the
way that I think. I exercise my spiritual senses, spiritual hearing, spiritual sight, spiritual touch, spiritual taste, and spiritual smell according to Romans 8:14. I thank you for being my God of peace; Jehovah Shalom, according to Judges 6:24.
8. Heavenly Father, I now gird my loins with Your Belt of Truth. I am set free from bondages and strongholds according to II Corinthians 10:4. I now operate in discernment according to Hebrews 5:14 that I may continue to be free. I take off all dependency of the flesh and dependency on anything in this world or this world system. I trust and depend completely on You, Jesus according to Psalms 31:1. I thank you that you are my Healer, Jehovah Rophe, and you are my Provider; Jehovah Jireh.
8. Heavenly Father, I now cover my feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace Sandals, enabling me to walk in the Spirit so I won’t fulfill the lust of the flesh according to Galatians 5:16. I thank you that the Spirit leads me and I walk in the light, as Jesus is, the light according to 1 John 1:7. As I cover my feet with this
preparation, I take off vanity, pride, darkness, and ignorance according to Colossians 3:8-10.
9. Heavenly Father, I now put the Shield of Faith, which protects me from all fiery darts of the enemy according to Ephesians 6: As I put on the Shield of Faith, I will take off all fear, mistrust, unthankfulness, unfaithfulness, and disobedience.
10. Heavenly Father, I now put on my hands the Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God, which I choose to use against all forces of evil. I declare that I will defeat the enemy with the Word of God as the Spirit of God leads me according to Revelation 19:11-16. I put away all murmuring, complaining, condemning and criticizing. I now take the Sword of the Spirit and use the authority that God has ordained me with according to Luke 9:1, for I have been given all authority over all powers and principalities according to Luke 10:19. In Jesus Name I pray in faith in Christ Jesus. Amen.
- To learn more, go to Homepage
- Share and follow us at Facebook Prayerforce
- Contact Us here
We’d love to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and comments below.